Programme : Master in Educational Planning & Management (EPM)
Programme Details of Master in Educational Planning & Management (EPM)
Master in Educational Planning & Management (EPM)
The programme of Educational Planning and Management (EPM) is the first Maters degree venture of the Allama Iqbal Open University. The early courses of the EPM were launched in 1976 under the Institute of Education. In 1984, when the status of the Institute of Education was raised to the Faculty of Education the Department of Educational Planning and Management was created within the Faculty of Education to organize the EPM programmes. The Department of EPM offers courses of study in the professional areas of Educational Planning and Management which are aimed at producing a cadre of professionals for educational institutions and organizations of the country for all levels of planning and management jobs.
All candidates must have a Bachelor degree with 2nd division at their credit. They must have a professional experience in teaching or related administrative job.
Admission is made purly on merit basis for the available seats. Only EPM 6557, 6558, 6561 nd 6562 courses are offered at tome of first entry to the programme.
Minimum two years.
Medium of Instruction:
1. Two assignments through correspondence in each 3 credit hour course work.
2. One week workshop in each full credit course at main campus of AIOU Islamabad.The workshop is mendatory to final examination.
3. Final Examination.
AIOU Credits Required:
To obtain MA EPM Degree, a student is required to complete successfull 60 credit hours course work.
Following courses are available to students of the programme:
1. Core Courses (Compusory, 24 credit hours, vaialble in the prospectus)
2. Elective Courses. (24 credit hours course work from the given list in the prospectus)
3. Collateral Area Courses. (12 credit hours course work from each of 3 credit hours courses available in the offering letter of the Admission Department).
4. Thesis (Optional) 12 Credit hours.
5. A student can complete MA-EPM by doing 60 credit hours course work or by 48 credit course work and a Thesis of 12 credit hours.
One week workshop in each 3 credit hours course workat the main campus of AIOU Islamabad.
12-Credit hours (Optional)
In case of thesis a student will defend his thesis in the viva voce.