The MSc programme in Economics is designed for those who are unable to continue their studies in formal education system. The main objective of the programme is to expose the students to the various aspects of economic theories and their application to the actual economic world. The programme further stands to improve the quality and ability by creating self-confidence among the students to analyze and seek scientific solution to economic problems. Further, this programme intends to create an analytical capacity among the students required to understand the working of economic systems. It is hoped that the programme will help in producing such team of economists who would meet the growing need of the country. The programme will also intend to equip the students with the economic tools, enabling them to provide some policy measures for the improvement of prevailing economic conditions in the developing countries in general and Pakistan in particular.
2nd Class Bachelor degree with Economics or equivalent.
All eligible candidates will be granted Admission subject to fulfilling Eligibility criteria.
|Medium of Instruction:
The University allots Study Centre and Tutors for the Students to get guideline accordingly. A student has to secure passing marks in Assignments as well as in final exams to successfully complete concerned Educational Programme.
|AIOU Credits Required:
||60 Credits Hours
1. Introduction to Microeconomics-801
2. Introduction to Macroeconomics-802
3. Mathematics for Economists-803
4. Statistics for Economists-804
5. Public Finance and Fiscal Policy-808
1. Development Economics-I-4671
2. Development Economics-II-4672
3. Advanced Microeconomics-805
4. Advanced Macroeconomics-806
5. Basic Econometrics-807
1. International Economics-I-4673
2. International Economics-II-4674
3. Islamic Economics-I-4675
4. Islamic Economics-II-4676
5. Economic Planning: Techniques and Applications-810
6. Monetary Theory and Policy-811
1. Research Methods and Techniques-524
2. Project Appraisal-569
3. Economics & Financing of Education-I-6565
4. Economics & Financing of Education-II-6566
5. Educational Research and Statistics-I-6569
6. Educational Research and Statistics-II-6570
||12 Credit Hours