||B.S (Enviromental Sciences)
The word environment has become a popular catchphrase in the global and national context. In Urban Design and Architecture, the environmental revolution manifests itself as sustainable design and planning. This program aims to take a holistic view of 'environment' examining both the physical and psychological aspects. It takes an interdisciplinary approach, fusing technical and scientific knowledge with philosophical and ethical issues. It is only through the sensitive consideration of the design of our cities and landscapes that we will create places that respond to both the spiritual/psychological and health/physical needs of all sectors of humanity. Good environmental design can generate economic development and embrace the best of technological innovation while recognizing and respecting the importance of cultural heritage and the obligation to address the ecological agenda.
The built environment is of major economic and social importance. Construction alone is one of the largest discrete industries in Pakistan and a major provider of employment. The built environment makes a vital contribution to the quality of life of all members of society. This program offers research based value added degree to upgrade professional practice of engineers, planners and designers and to provide better job prospects home and abroad.
A. FSc (pre medical) or equivalent qualification with minimum second division (at least 45% marks) is the pre-requisite for admission in BS Environmental Science.
B. Foreign certificate/degree holders will need to produce equivalence certificate from IBCC to seek admission in semester 1 and from HEC for Admission in Semester V.
C. Only the prescribed printed admission forms duly filled along with the attested copies of academic documents, certificates and DMCs are required to be sent to the Chairman Department of Environmental Science, AIOU, H-8, Islamabad.
All eligible candidates will be granted Admission subject to fulfilling Eligibility criteria.
|Medium of Instruction:
||Face to Face Classes
|AIOU Credits Required:
||132 Credit Hours
1. ENGLISH I (ODL)-1423
2. CELL BIOLOGY, GENETICS AND EVOLUTION-4401
3. INORGANIC CHEMISTRY-4421
5. INTRODUCTION TO ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE-4441
1. ENGLISH II (ODL)-1424
2. PLANT DIVERSITY -4402
3. ORGANIC CHEMISTRY-4422
4. CALCULUS II-4433
5. ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION-4442
1. ENGLISH III-1425
2. PAKISTAN STUDIES (ODL)-417
3. ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY -4443
4. DIVERSITY OF ANIMALS-4469
5. PUBLIC RELATIONS-451
1. ISLAMIC STUDIES / ETHICS* (ODL)-
2. RESEARCH METHODS -1578
3. FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTER -3400
4. ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY-4445
5. PRINCIPLES OF ANIMAL LIFE -4468
1. ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY-4446
2. ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT -4449
3. ENVIRONMENTAL POLICIES AND REGULATIONS -4458
4. PHYSICS OF THE ENVIRONMENT -4467
5. BIOSTATISTICS -4482
1. INTRO OF ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS-4444
2. NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT-4447
3. SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT-4451
4. ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICOLOGY -4456
1. ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT-4448
2. ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT -4450
3. BIODIVERSITY AND CONSERVATION-4452
4. SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT-4453
5. HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS-4455
1. RESEARCH PROJECT-
2. PROJECT MANAGEMENT-4460
3. POPULATION DYNAMICS & ENVIRONMENT-4461