||M.Phil Iqbal Studies
The Department of Iqbal Studies was established in the university when it was renamed with Allama Iqbal's ascription. It is offering two courses at Intermediate, three courses at B.A. level, full programme with thirty six credit hours at M Phil level and PhD Iqbal Studies Program.
||The students are eligible to apply for admission to MPhil Iqbal Studies if they have the following educational background:
i. At least 2nd class Master Degree in Urdu/Persian/ Philosophy or other relative subject of social sciences.
ii. In case of other relative subjects in social sciences, the student should have studied Urdu/Persian/Philosophy as an elective subject at B.A level or passed Iqbaliyat B.A level Course Code- 405 of AIOU.
iii. He/she should have published three articles on Iqbal in reputed national/international journals.
iv. All other rules and instructions imposed by the Higher Education Commission will also be followed.
v. Test and interview will be conducted by the Admission Committee.
Selection of the candidates will be made strictly on the basis of merit/criteria laid down by the Department/ University.
||Maximum 5 Years
|Medium of Instruction:
The University allots Study Centre and Tutors for the Students to get guideline accordingly. A student has to secure passing marks in Assignments as well as in final exams to successfully complete concerned Educational Programme.
|AIOU Credits Required:
||36 Credit Hours
1. IQBAL,S INTELLECTUAL AND ARTISTIC DEVELOPMENT-I-5751
2. IQBAL,S ITELLECTUAL AND ARTISTIC-II-5752
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY-I-5753
4. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY-II-5754
1. THE BASIC THOUGHTS & IDEAS OF ALLAMA IQBAL-I-5755
2. THE BASIC THOUGHTS & IDEAS OF ALLAMA IQBAL-II-5756
3. STUDY OF SELECTED TEXTS OF IQBAL,S PROSE & POETRY-I-5757
4. STUDY OF SELECTED TEXTS OF IQBAL,S PROSE & POETRY-II-5758
1. RESEARCH PROJECT-5759
||One Week Workshop per 3 Credit Hours