|| DEPARTMENT OF ARABIC LANGUAGE & LITERATURE
| Establishment :
|| The Department of Arabic Language &Literature is one of the pioneer departments of the Allama Iqbal Open university, Islamabad (AIOU). Which came into being while AIOU was established in 1974.
| Introduction :
||The Department of Arabic Language & Literature is the pioneer Department which was teaching by Radio & Television programmes since 1975.Arabic Department & AIOU was introduced by Pakistani Masses by its very first effort & most popular programme named: ?????? ???. It was making its broadcasting & non broadcasting programmes from 1975 to year 2000. Decades passed & presently it is running several programs i.e.,M.Phil. in Arabic language and Literature, Masters in Arabic Language and Literature, Lughat-ul-Quraan,ATTC and B.Ed. in Arabic, as well as Matric, Intermediate, Bachelorís level Arabic Courses are introduced by the Dept. Since 1974 While AIOU has credit of launching Arabic Teachers Training Programme (ATTC)in 1882, which is the pioneer programme of Pakistan in Teaching Arabic Language. However, BS 4 years and other Arabic learning programs have also launched from last academic session. The courses of M.A. Arabic were also designed before with an emphasis on Arabic language & literature, social and economic thoughts along with religious education. Research in Arabic language and Literature is a regular feature of the Department since 2012.MPhil program in Arabic language and Literature has also been started since 2012 to produce scholars and researchers in Arabic literature. The department is offering a wide range of courses in Arabic language from Matric to M.A, B.Ed., ATTC, SHORT ARABIC Courses and MPhil Level.
| Objectives :
1. Promotion and Advanced Studies in Arabic Language & Literature
2. To be aware of the language and style of the Holy Quran.
3. Get acquainted with old Arabic poetry literature and modern poetry literature and its attributes.
4. To understand the Arabic alphabet & sound, to distinguish and pronounce all Arabic sound and write it accurately.
5. Be familiar with some of the differences between formal and spoken Arabic.
| Future Plans :
1. PhD Arabic (to be launched in autumn 2021 Inshallah)
offering of ATTC with collaboration of Al-Azhar university Egypt and with Palestine embassy internationally.
2. Establishment of center for Arabic language in AIOU (MOU is being signed with Egypt embassy)
3. Several Arabic Courses:
a. Foundation Arabic course (Approved)
b. Diploma in Arabic (Approved)
c. Arabic Online Course. (Approved)
d. Arabic for doctors
e. Arabic for engineers.
f. Arabic for workers.
|Academic Facilities :
|Postal Address :
||Block No 10 main Campus, H-8 Islamabad
|Staff Members :
||Staff Members Details
Arabic Teacher Training Course (ATTC)
Al Lisan Ur Arabi
Arbi Bol Chal