||M.A Special Education
The department was established in 1985. The aim of the department is to impart education and training to teachers for the special needs children studying either in special schools or in mainstream schools. M.Ed Special Education program basically a professional qualification and mostly in-service teachers from special and mainstream schools joined the program. for the in-service teachers and it is professional qualification. The objectives of the program are: 1. To meet in country's increasing demand of trained teachers and specialized personnel by acquainting them with latest techniques and methodologies to deal with special needs. 2. To provide referral and supportive services to the handicapped and their parents by creating awareness in the public. 3. To keep liaison with agencies and organizations working for the amelioration of the handicapped.
At least 2nd division Bachelor's Degree from recognized University.
All eligible candidates will be granted Admission subject to fulfilling Eligibility criteria.
|Medium of Instruction:
The University allots Study Centre and Tutors for the Students to get guideline accordingly. A student has to secure passing marks in Assignments as well as in final exams to successfully complete concerned Educational Programme.
|AIOU Credits Required:
||60 Credit Hours
1. Educational Psychology-671
2. Perspectives of Special Education-672
3. Handicapped Person in the Community-673
4. Foundations of Education-831
5. Educational Research-837
6. Curriculum Development & Instruction-838
1. Braille Practical Course—Urdu-3601
2. Braille Practical Course—English-3602
3. Introduction and Assessment of Mentally Retarded Children-I-3603
4. Introduction and Assessment of Mentally Retarded Children-II-3604
5. Education of Mentally Retarded Children-I-3605
6. Education of Mentally Retarded Children-II-3606
7. Physical Handicaps-I-3607
8. Physical Handicaps-II-3608
9. Educational Adaptations for Children with Physical Disabilities-I-3609
10. Educational Adaptations for Children with Physical Disabilities-II-3610
11. Independence Training for the Visually Handicapped.-677
12. Special Education for the Visually Handicapped-678
13. General Introduction to the Hearing impairment-680
14. Psychology of Deafness and Child Development-681
15. Speech and Hearing-682
16. Audiology and Audiometry-683
1. Face to Face Component-3600
2. Organization and Management of Special Schools-I-3611
3. Organization and Management of Special Schools-II-3612
4. Community Based Rehabilitation of People with Disabilities-I-3613
5. Community Based Rehabilitation of People with Disabilities-II-3614
6. Teaching Lesson Strategies-846
|Elective / Major Courses:
||Special Education Centres/Organizations through the country
||12 Credit Hours OR Course Work for 12 Credit Hoursty of Education.
||Teaching Practice, Field Work
||Final Lessons & Viva on the Research