||Associate Degree in Education (2-Years)
The National Education Policy of 2009 states that to improve the overall quality of education in Pakistan, the standard of teacher education must be raised. The policy calls for reforms in pre-service training and standardization of professional qualifications.
As a step towards improvement in educational standards new National Scheme of Studies for school education was developed. ADE is a transitional two year program of 72 credit hours linked with and leads to B.Ed (4 year) and will replace the existing diploma, PTC and CT programs providing an opportunity to prospective teachers to enhance their academic qualifications and acquire a professional degree.
It was notified by the Ministry of Education (MOE) in 2006. Major objectives of new scheme included teaching of school subjects using interactive student centered methods focusing on development of higher order cognitive skills. The new scheme suggests a paradigm shift in learning from teacher centered, rote learning to student centered and active learning. Better educated and trained teachers are required to implement the scheme effectively. ADE is a transitional two year program of 72 credit hours linked with and leads to B.Ed (4 year) and will replace the existing diploma, PTC and CT programs providing an opportunity to prospective teachers to enhance their academic qualifications and acquire a professional degree
FA/FSc/A level with minimum 2nd Division and - Applicants with A Level will submit equivalence certificate.
All eligible candidates will be granted Admission subject to fulfilling Eligibility criteria.
|Medium of Instruction:
The University allots Study Centre and Tutors for the Students to get guideline accordingly. A student has to secure passing marks in Assignments as well as in final exams to successfully complete concerned Educational Programme.
|AIOU Credits Required:
||72 Credit Hours
1. English Compulsory-I (Core)-1423
2. Basics of Information & Communication Technology-1431
3. Islamic Studies / Ethics-416/418
4. Pakistan Studies-417
5. General Methods of Teaching-6400
1. English Compulsory-II (Core)-1424
2. Teaching of English-1655
3. Teaching of Urdu-1659
4. General Math and Statistics-6401
5. Educational Psychology & Guidance-6402
6. Classroom Management-6403
1. General Science-6404
2. Education in Pakistan-6405
3. Curriculum Development-6406
4. Classroom Assessment-6407
5. Teaching of Islamic Studies & Pak Studies-6408
6. Teaching of Math-6409
1. Arts Craft & Calligraphy-6410
2. Foundations of Education-6411
3. School Society & Teacher-6412
4. Introduction to Inclusive Education-6413
5. Teaching of General Science-6414
6. Short term Teaching Practice-6415
1. M-1, C-2-
2. M-2, C-2-
3. Educational Research & Statistics-
2. M-2 C3-
3. Long Term Internship/Teaching Practice-
|Elective / Major Courses: