||M.Sc SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN
||The emergence of environmental movement has brought forward the interconnection between ecological conditions and built environment. The failure of many buildings on account of performance, functionality and environmental quality has now motivated an increasing number of designers, developers and building users to pursue more environmentally sustainable design and construction strategies.
As part of wide-spread movement for the sustainable development and realization for the significant impact of building design and construction on the overall environment AIOU initiated the continuing education programme for the built environment professionals in 2003. After running this programme for last eleven years as M.Sc. and MS, now department has planned to accommodate the widercommunity and broader interest in theory and research at three levels M.Sc., MS and PhD.
||1. At least sixteen years of education with at least second class in the following disciplines are eligible for admission:
-BS Home Economics
-BS Urban Planners
-BS/BSc Environmental Sciences
-BS Town Planning
16 Years of schooling or 4 years of education(130) credit hours after HSSC/FA/FSc/Grade 12 or equivalent will be required for admission in the MSc Programme.
Professionals holding B.E. Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Engineering, BE Chemical, Transportation, Industrial, and Environmental. B. Arch, Bachelor in Town Planning, Interior Design, MSc Home Economics (Housing, Interior Design) Bachelor of Urban Engineering, Architecture Engineering, Interior Architecture, Art& Architecture with at least 2nd class are eligible for admission to MSc in Sustainable Environmental Design.
4. B.Tech Civil, Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical (Hons.) and BS Geology, BS Environmental Engineering and BS Home Economics (Interior & Environmental Design).
||Total duration for MSc Sustainable Environmental design is 2 Years
|Medium of Instruction:
||Blended learning / On-line / Face to Face teaching for this program would be offered in major cities of Pakistan including Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Islamabad, Peshawar, Faisalabad etc.
|AIOU Credits Required:
||Credit Hours-60 (54 credit hours for course work, 6 credit hours for research project)
1. Environmental Planning & Practice-3671
2. Climate Responsive Design-3672
3. Ecological Building Design & Materials-3673
4. Environmental Aesthetics-3674
1. Sustainable Communities-3675
2. Environmental Pollution (air, water, noise, visual)-3676
3. Water Conservation & Management-3677
4. Ethics in Built Environment Or Sustainable Energy Management (3679)-3678
1. Ecology & Ethics in Design & Architecture-3680
2. Environmental Control Systems (heating, cooling & lighting)-3681
3. Waste Management-3682
4. Culture & Building Design-3683
1. Research Methods-3684
2. Basic Statistics-3685
3. Research Project-3686
|Elective / Major Courses:
||Linkage is established with following institutions for the development and Implementation of Environmental design Programme at National and International level.
1. All public sector universities offering Architecture and Civil Engineering programmes (NED-UET Karachi, UET Lahore, Taxila, Jamshoro and NUST, Islamabad).
2. National College of Arts Lahore.
3. Dawood College of Engineering& Technology, Karachi
4. Council for Works and Housing Research
5. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
6. CDA, LDA, RDA etc.
6. Lead International, Islamabad
7. Global Eco-village Network (Findhorn Foundation Scotland)
9. Centre for Natural Design Research, University of Dundee UK.
||A three days workshop for each course is held at the end of the semester.