||MS Environmental Design (Revised Scheme For Fresh Admissions)
||Pakistan is a developing country and it is the need of time to improve standards of education in all disciplines especially in science & technology in order to face the challenges of the 21st Century. The introduction of Environmental Design Course is a major contribution towards achieving Millennium Development Goal-7.It is to create building awareness towards environmentally sustainable architecture/design. In Urban Design and Architecture, the environmental revolution manifests itself as sustainable design and planning. This degree makes the professionals a responsible citizen towards valuing the consideration of Environment-Friendly and User-Friendly design.
||1. 16 Years of schooling or 4 years of education (130) credit hours after HSSC/FA/FSc/Grade 12 or equivalent will be required for admission in the PGD leading to MS Programme.
2. Professionals holding B.E. Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Engineering, BE Chemical, Transportation, Industrial, and Environmental, B. Arch, Bachelor in Town Planning, Interior Design, MSc Home Economics ( Housing, Interior Design), Bachelor of Urban Engineering, Architecture Engineering, Interior Architecture, Art & Architecture with at least 2nd class are eligible for admission in MS Environmental Design
3. B. Tech Civil, Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical (Hons.) and BS Geology, BS Environmental Engineering and BS Home Economics (Interior & Environmental Design) will also be eligible for MSEnvironmental Design.
||Total duration for MS Environmental design is 2 Year. 36 credit hours (24 credit hours course work and 12 credit hours Research Thesis)
|Medium of Instruction:
|| Face to Face lecture sessions.
|AIOU Credits Required:
||Credit Hours-36(24 credit hours for course work, 12 credit hours for research thesis)
1. Principles and Theories of Environmental Design-7591
2. Environmental Psychology-7592
3. Research Methods-7773
4. Sustainable Practices and Ecological Building Materials-7784
2. Environmental Impact Assessment-7593
3. Ecological Design: Cities, Transport and Landscape-7771
4. Statistics in Environmental Health-7772
1. Research Thesis-7790
1. Research Thesis-7790
|Elective / Major Courses:
||1. Environmental Issues in Workplace Design-7775
2. Health Care Designs-7776
3. Environmental Consideration in House and Housing Design-7777
4. Design for Children-7778
5. Energy and Built Environment-7785
||Linkage is established with following institutions for the development and Implementation of Environmental design Programme at National and International level.
1. All public sector universities offering Architecture and Civil Engineeringprogrammes (NED, UET Lahore, Taxila, Jamshoro and NUST, Islamabad).
2. National College of Arts Lahore.
3. Dawood College of Engineering Karachi
4. Council for Works and Housing Research
5. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
6. CDA, LDA, RDA etc.
7. Lead Pakistan
8. Global Eco-village Network (Findhorn Foundation Scotland)
10. Centre for Natural Design Research, University of Dundee UK.
||A three days workshop for each course is held at the end of the semester.