||Bed (2.5 Years) programme with specialization in Science Education will not only provide a direction to general education but will also ensure that only those who intend to opt for Science Teaching as a profession will join the program. It will enable the Science Teachers to apply their knowledge and skills in real class situation more effectively. Teacher will be enabled to transform the provisions of policy and curriculum in the classroom. Teacher Students will be able to adopt innovative Science Teaching Methods and Science Assessment Models to get maximum outcomes from teaching and learning. The teachers trained through this program will be able to teach Science at different levels of schooling.
Following are the objectives of BEd 2.5 Years with Specialization in Science Education
After completing this programme, prospective teachers will be able to:
1. Describe the concepts, foundations, and perspectives of Science Education
2. Present the pedagogical and content knowledge by using latest information communication system (ICT) in an effective manner.
3. Demonstrate science related attitudes in Science Education.
4. Apply Practical Skills (Science Process Skills) for science teaching.
5. Develop lesson plans and assessment tools for science teaching and learning.