Early Childhood Education and Elementary Teacher Education Department offers an opportunity to future teachers with a solid beginning in all areas of child's development. It aims to prepare ECCE teachers to be able to tackle the persistent challenges being faced by ECE & ETE workforce. Due to the increasing demands of quality in early childhood care and education, this department is the best choice in terms of having highly qualified academic faculty, research environment, supporting staff and other facilities. The department is offering graduate and post graduate level professional degrees in ECE & ETE with different durations. It is also offering courses of Education in Higher Secondary, Diploma, Bachelor, MPhil and PhD Programs. The department also publishes two HEC recognized Y category research Journals JECCE & PJDOL and organizes international research conferences.
The main objectives of the department are to:
- design curriculum and learning material for ECE & ETE.
- develop courses and programs on ETE and ECCE for parents, caregivers, and practitioners.
- conduct research on different aspects of Elementary and Early Childhood Care & Education.
- develop an outreach program for parenting and general awareness of public on early years education.
- conduct pre-service and in-service training for elementary and ECE teachers.
- disseminate information about early years education through research journal and conference/workshops/symposium.
- bridge the gaps between supply and demand of teachers in the field of ECE & ETE.
- explore new areas of early childhood and elementary teacher education through research.
- Instructional material
- Internet availability
- Library 7 days a week
- Research Journals
1. BS in Early Childhood Care & Education
2. PGD in Entrepreneurship In ECCE
3. PGD in Child Health and Nutrition