Agriculture is the principal occupation and source of livelihood of great majority of rural population of the country and it is the basic and largest component of our economy in terms of production, output, employment, and export earnings.
For agricultural development in the country, strong linkages amongst institution building, human resource development, and technology transfer are very important. The technology transfer being a continuous process cannot possibly take place in a vacuum. It needs to be done in a well-organized system of Agri. Extension where role of the scientist, the extension agent, and the farmer are all too important. The scientist must develop better yielding varieties and breeds of crops and animals, the extension agent must, on his part, equip himself with better and effective methods to convince the farmer of the product's utilitarian importance. Once convinced, the farmer will certainly adopt innovations for his own economic betterment.
The Allama Iqbal Open University being concerned with the education part of the Agri. Extension ystem has therefore decided to initiate Master degree level courses in Agri. Extension for enhancing the knowledge and skill of the extension agents/ workers already working in the field.
Candidates possessing BSc (Hons) Agricultural Extension degree with 2nd division.
Other related discipline like BSc (Hons) Agriculture, Rural Sociology, Animal Husbandry, DVM, BSc Agricultural Engineering Degree in 2nd division are also eligible for admission in MSc (Hons) Agricultural Extension, but the Admission Committee may define deficiency courses for them, if necessary.
All eligible candidates will be granted Admission subject to fulfilling Eligibility criteria.
Medium of Instruction
The University allots Study Centre and Tutors for the Students to get guideline accordingly. A student has to secure passing marks in Assignments as well as in final exams to successfully complete concerned Educational Programme.
AIOU Credits Required
1. Evaluation Research-2525
2. Agriculture Extension Systems-2526
4. Agricultural Extension Education-795
5. Extension Programme Development-796
1. Human Resource Development-1793
2. Scientific & Technical Writing In Agricultural Extension-2518
3. The Process And Strategies Of Comunication In Agri.extension-2533
4. Adult Learning & Rural Development-799
Elective / Major Courses:
The workshop for a course will be conducted at the end of each semester. Attendance in the workshop will be compulsory.
1. MSc (Hons) degree shall be awarded on submission of thesis preferably based upon the original work.
2. The minimum period to complete the thesis after the successful completion of course work will be one year and maximum period of the degree shal
After completion of course work and thesis
- Pakistan Agriculture Research Council
- Pakistan Forest Institute, Peshawar
- NWFP Agriculture University, Peshawar
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi
- National Center for Rural Development, Islamabad
- National Rural Support program, Islamabad