MS Pakistan Studies was first offered in 1985. Since then, it has produced a large number of graduates who are serving the nation in various capacities and bringing pride to the Department of Pakistan Studies. The main objective of this Programme is to produce investigative and analytical minds who can understand multi-faced problems being faced by Pakistan in socio-political and economic fields. In order to achieve that goal we have adopted multidisciplinary approach and imparted education in the fields of geography, history, political and economic institutions, society and culture of Pakistan in an integrated way.
2nd Class Bachelor's degree or equivalent
All eligible candidates will be granted admission subject to fulfilling eligibility criteria.
Medium of Instruction
The university allots study centre and tutors for the students to get guideline accordingly. A student has to secure passing marks in assignments as well as in final exams to successfully complete concerned educational programme.
AIOU Credits Required
1. Geography of Pakistan-i-4655
2. Geography of Pakistan-ii-4656
3. Pakistani Languages and Literature-i-4657
4. Pakistani Languages and Literature-ii-4658
5. Genesis of Pakistan Movement-538
1. Economic Development in Pakistan-i-4659
2. Economic Development in Pakistan-ii-4660
3. Foreign Policy of Pakistan-i-4661
4. Foreign Policy of Pakistan-ii-4662
5. Ideological Foundations of Pakistan-537
1. Pakistani Society and Culture-i-4663
2. Pakistani Society and Culture-ii-4664
3. Research Methods-i-4665
4. Research Methods-ii-4666
5. Social Change-541
1. Political & Constitutional Development in Pakistan-i-4667
2. Political & Constitutional Development in Pakistan-ii-4668
3. Social Theory-i-4669
4. Social Theory-ii-4670
5. Political Parties and Pressure Groups in Pakistan-545
At the end of semester, students have to attend 3 days workshop for each course.