Keeping in view the rising demand for Sociology, both by public and private sectors, the department started MSc Sociology programme in 2001. The program combines an emphasis on competence in social theory and research methods. Students are trained in several sub fields of sociology in which the faculty has concentrations of expertise. Among these are population dynamics, social statistics, gender issues, development issue, deviance etc. It is this broad perspective that has made sociology a unique and one of the most comprehensive academic disciplines.
Minimum second division (45%) Bachelor's Degree/ 14 years of education
The eligible candidates can get enrolled in the program through AIOU online system.
Medium of Instruction
Online workshops and submission of assignments through AIOU LMS portal, workshops and final examination.
AIOU Credits Required
1. Introduction to Sociology Culture and Society-4681
2. Sociological Theory-I-4682
3. Methods of Social Research: Research Process-4683
4. Population Studies-4684
5. Sociology of Gender Issues : Theoretical Background-4685
1. Introduction to Sociology Social Change & Social Inst.-4686
2. Sociological Theory-ii-4687
3. Methods of Social Research-ii Tools of Data Collection-4688
4. Social Statistics-4689
5. Sociology of Gender Issues Gender Dynamics-4690
1. Sociology of Deviance Theoretical Explanation-4691
2. Deviance Social Control and Issue of Delinquency-4692
3. Sociology of Development Meaning and Explanation-4693
4. Issues in Development-4694
5. Sociology of Child Rights & Child Development-4695
6. Population Dynamics-4698
1. Introducation to Social Work Methods in Social Work-4696
2. Fields of Social Work-4697
4. Social Psychology Part-i-5639
5. Social Psychology Part-ii-5640
Online workshops as per AIOU policy.
12 credit hour thesis (Optional)
After submission of thesis and evaluation by the external examiner a viva is conducted.
The department is in collaboration with different government and non government organizations.