Department of Mass Communication, Allama Iqbal Open University has launched its new Masters� program in Television Production since Spring 2015. The program is the first ever of its nature offered by the public sector university in the country. This program is offered in face to face mode and only in main the campus of Islamabad. Theoretical and practical components of the program are taught by the highly qualified university teachers and media practitioners. The program has been tailored according to the needs and the requirements of the modern day era. The Department has made necessary arrangements of studios and equipments for the practical training of students. A class of up to 40 students is enrolled while the classes will be held on the AIOU campus in the evening. The enrolled students will be able to enrich themselves with the practical knowledge of the latest media technologies of television production.
14 Year of education (No 3rd Division in the Bachelor Degree)Preference will be given to a) Journalistic experience (working in TV industry as mid level Journalists) b) Relevant courses studied at Bachelor degree.
Admission will be given on merit after qualifying aptitude test & interview.
All eligible candidates will be granted Admission subject to fulfilling Eligibility criteria.
Medium of Instruction
Face-to-face (regular) classes are held on campus. A student has to secure passing marks in Assignments as well as in final exams to successfully complete concerned Educational Programme.
AIOU Credits Required
1. Evolution of Television-6641
2. Process and Effects of Communication-6642
3. TV Camera Operation-6643
4. TV Script Writing-6644
5. Television and Society-6645
1. Media Laws and Ethics-6603
2. TV Programme Production-6646
3. TV Studios and Floor Management-6647
4. Television Lighting System-6648
5. Theories of Communication-6658
1. TV News Production & Presentation-6649
2. TV Documentary-6650
3. TV and Globalization-6651
4. TV Set Designing-6652
5. Television program Analysis (Seminar)-6653
1. Media Research Methods in Mass Media-5629
2. Post production process-6654
3. TV Sound System-6655
4. Research project/Thesis-6656
Research Project / Thesis in last semester.
Practical training is a part of the study plan.
Viva-Voce exam is held for Internship and Research.