The Directorate of Planning & Development (P&D) is backbone of Allama Iqbal Open University and it plays an important role in the growth and development. The Directorate works under the supervision of Vice Chancellor. It promotes integrated processes and activities to facilitate the academia according to modern standards of education. The role of Directorate is to assess the current & future needs for physical and academic infrastructure, HR needs and prepare plans to achieve strategic objectives of the university. It also develops linkage with other organization and institutions for mutual collaboration and ultimately development of the university.
Enhancement of planning & development processes and activities to promote quality education.
To initiate, coordinate and monitor implementation of integrated planning & development activities to achieve strategic and academic objectives of the university.
The basic objective of the Directorate is to prepare and facilitate developmental projects, schemes and programmes for smooth functioning of the university. It coordinates and manages development funds for strengthening and progress of the university to provide quality education and research facilities. It has the major role of assessing needs for infrastructure development of all AIOU campuses, devising strategies to fulfill these needs, identifying and preparing development projects, liaison within university and outside the institutions for getting the approval of these development projects from different fora.
The principle duties of Directorate of Planning & Development are:
- Long range planning using the strategic vision of Allama Iqbal Open University.
- Preparation of Mega Projects and documentation.
- Physical infrastructure needed in 5/10 years perspectives.
- Linkage with National/International donors, sponsors & partners to plan and develop the resources needed for new and existing programs.
- Planning & designing of short and long term plans.
- Preparation of the developmental projects, programmes and schemes.
- Assessing the present & future physical, financial and human resource needs of the university and academia.
- Up-gradation and improvement of existing infrastructure of the university and campuses.
- Identification and preparation of feasible projects for academic, physical growth and expansion of the university.
- Seeking and securing funds for the projects from appropriate fora.
- Acquisition of land for current and future expansion of the university.
- Formulation of annual work plan as per requirement of the university and concerned bodies.
- Ensure smooth implementation and completion of the ongoing projects within approved cost and time.
- The appraisal of proposals for new developmental schemes.
- Maintaining liaison and coordination with the Federal Government, Planning Commission of Pakistan and HEC with a view to speed up execution of the approved projects.
- Developing & strengthening linkages with other universities & organizations.
- The compilation of Public Sector Development Program (PSDP).
- Arrange meetings pertaining to execution of development projects.
- Coordinate with Directorate of Works.
- Preparation and submission of reports to the management and organizations.
- Any other functions as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.