The Project Directorate was established right from the inception of the University in 1976 with the following Major objectives:
- Developing the long term/strategic plans, medium term and short term plans for the development of university.
- Planning & developing the infrastructure projects for University in line with the overall strategic planning.
- Implementation of various projects both government and indigenous towards realization of the plans.
- Monitoring & supervision of the projects to ensure that the projects are completed within time, cost and technical specification (CST).
- Evaluation of the completed projects in terms of their impacts and effects towards the strategic planning and realization of goals.
- Maintenance and up keeping of the infrastructure to make their better utilization and extended serviceability.
To strengthen the strategic vision of AIOU to provide quality education at the door steps of about one million students, the Project Directorate plans and develop the infrastrcutrual projects.
Developing the project management capacity of the Project Directorate to enhance its role in the planning and developmment of university in line with its objectives and vision. Supproting the objectives of AIOU towards qulity education which is both competitive and consistent through developing and maintaining the state of the art infrastruture. Improving the productivity of indvidual and organization through better Quality of working life and improved working environemnt. To provide occupational safety at jobsite through continuous training & development of staff for safety management. Develping better housing, offices and academic buildings Some of the projects in planning are; administration block staff flats. extension of book warehouse. Extension of colony mosque, revised master planning. regional offices DG Khan, Aboottabad. airconditioning at RO Karachi. improvement of RO Lahore, Multan, tubewell development.
Directorate of Works
Mr Javed Ali Shah
Mr Muhammad Farooq
Mr Amjad Ali