The Allama Iqbal Open University has established a center of Excellence and Chairs for Seerat-Un-Nabi ﷺ, Iqbal Chair on Tasawwuf and Muslim thoughts, and Created Archives of Intelligentsia of Pakistan (Dialogue with History-Series of Interviews).
The Chair’s objectives are as follows:
- to educate scholars about Iqbal’s Muslim political thoughts;
- to train researchers on philosophical renditions of Iqbal through his poetry/prose in Urdu/Persian;
- to offer impact studies/courses and short projects on writings (تصنیفات) of iqbal instead of awarding Mphil/PhD degrees;
- to establish academic linkages with Muslim world and the rest of world with a special interest/focus on Iqbal’s thought/philosophy;
- to create an environment for the ideas in Iqbal’s philosophy and thoughts;
- to inculcate the spirit in the youth of Pakistan which constitute 26% of total population of the country.