The Allama Iqbal Open University has established a center of Excellence and Chairs for Seerat-Un-Nabi ﷺ, Iqbal Chair on Tasawwuf and Muslim thoughts, and Created Archives of Intelligentsia of Pakistan (Dialogue with History-Series of Interviews).
The Chair is provides an opportunity for scholars to deliberate on Muslim philosophical thought of Allama Muhammad Iqbal through his published works. The Chair focuses on promotion of research and dissemination of فکر اقبال in an academic way.
The Chair’s objectives are as follows:
- to educate scholars about Iqbal’s Muslim political thoughts;
- to train researchers on philosophical renditions of Iqbal through his poetry/prose in Urdu/Persian;
- to offer impact studies/courses and short projects on writings (تصنیفات) of iqbal instead of awarding Mphil/PhD degrees;
- to establish academic linkages with Muslim world and the rest of world with a special interest/focus on Iqbal’s thought/philosophy;
- to create an environment for the ideas in Iqbal’s philosophy and thoughts;
- to inculcate the spirit in the youth of Pakistan which constitute 26% of total population of the country.