PhD in Physics, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Research Associate,
Department of Physics, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
August, 2016 to Date.
- Visiting Lecturer/Resource Person,
Department of Computer Science, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
January, 2013 to January, 2018.
Rastek Technologies, Zaki Centre, I-8 Markaz, Islamabad, Pakistan.
January, 2006 to January, 2009.
Hussain Ahmed, Surayya Mukhtar, Syed Zafar Ilyas, Simeon Agathopoulos, Structural, Electronic, and Optical Properties of Ga-Based Lead-Free Mixed-Halide Perovskites Cs3GaI6-xBrx (0 ≤ x ≤ 6) for Solar Cell Applications: A DFT Study”, Physica B: Condensed Matter, Volume 640, (2022), 414085, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physb.2022.414085. Impact Factor 2.436
2. Hussain Ahmed, Abdul Jalil, Syed Zafar Ilyas, Simeon Agathopoulos, Ishaq Ahmed, Tingkai Zhao, A Dahshan, “Effect of the decrease of Pb concentration on the properties of pentarnary mixed-halide perovskites CsPb8-xSnxIBr2 and CsPb8-xSnxI2Br (1≤ x≤ 7) for solar-cell applications: A DFT study”, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, Vol. 161, pp 110429, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpcs.2021.110429. Impact Factor 3.995
3. Hussain Ahmed, Syed Zafar Ilyas, Abdul Jalil, Simeon Agathopoulos, A. Dahshan, “DFT Study of Lead‑Free Mixed‑Halide Materials Cs2X2Y2 (X, Y = F, Cl, Br, I) for Optoelectronic Applications”, Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 50, Issue: 10, pp 5647-5655, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11664-021-09083-4, Impact Factor 1.938
4. Ahmed H, Ilyas SZ, “Efficiency of a Hybrid Solar Geyser at Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, Pakistan”, Innovative Energy & Research, Vol. 7, Issue:2, 2018, doi: 10.4172/2576-1463.1000201
5. Nisar Ahmed, Sikandar Khan, Ayaz Arif Khan, Azeem G. Nabi, Hussain Ahmed, Zia ur Rehman, M. H. Nasim, “Synthesis, Structural, Electronic, and Magnetic Properties of Cubic Perovskite La1−xBaxMnO3 (0.125≤x≤0.875) for Spintronic Devices”, Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism December 2018, Volume 31, Issue 12, pp 4079–4089. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10948-018-4691-y, Impact Factor 1.506
6. Malik Mazhar Ali, Khawaja Masood Ahmed, Ather Hassan, Hussain Ahmed, Syed Zafar Ilyas, Ahsan Illahi, “Study of Scattering Width of Nihility Cylinder Coated with Chiral/Chiral Nihility/Topological Insulator Placed in Topological Insulator Space” 3rd National Conference on Physics & Emerging Sciences, AIOU, Islamabad, April 06-07, 2015
7. Khawaja Masood Ahmed, Malik Mazhar Ali, Abdul Jalil, Hussain Ahmed, Syed Zafar Ilyas, Ahsan Illahi, “Study of Radar Cross Section (RCS) in Presence of Dielectric Circular Cylinder Coated with Chiral/Chiral Nihility/Topological Insulator in Infinite Topological Insulator Medium”, Pakistan Journal of Science & Technology, AIOU, Vol:1, Issue: 1, 2015
8. Malik Mazhar Ali, Khawaja Masood Ahmed, Ahsan Illahi, Anjum Shahzad, Hussain Ahmed, “Electromagnetic Waves Scattering from Topological Insulator (TI) Coated Dielectric Cylinder”, Proceedings of 2nd National Conference on Physics & Emerging Sciences, AIOU, Islamabad, pp: 289-296, April 07-08, 2014
Project, Research Interests
- Computational Condensed Matter Physics.
- Lead-Free Materials for Perovskite Solar Cells (PSCs).
- Solar Energy Harvesting Materials.