B.Ed (2.5 Years) Programme with specialization in science education will not only provide understanding about nature of science (NOS) but will also ensure that only those who intend to opt for science teaching as a professional career will join the program. It will enable the prospective science teachers to apply their content and pedagogical knowledge and skills in real class situation more effectively. These science teachers will be enabled to transform the provisions of policy and curriculum in their classroom/ laboratory. These science teachers will be able to adopt innovative instructional techniques/methods and science assessment tools to get maximum outcomes from science teaching and learning. The science teachers trained through this program will be able to teach science at different levels of schooling.
Following are the objectives of B.Ed (2.5 Years) with Specialization in Science Education.
- to describe the concepts, foundations, and perspectives of Science Education.
- to present the pedagogical and content knowledge by using latest information communication system (ICT) in an effective manner.
- to demonstrate science related attitudes in Science Education.
- to apply Practical Skills (Science Process Skills) for science teaching.
- to develop lesson plans and assessment tools for science teaching and learning.
Having BSc Degree with at least 45% marks or equivalent.
Admission Department of the University will go through the process of admission.
Applications for admissions are received manually as well as online.
Medium of Instruction
- BASIC OF INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY-5403
- GENERAL MATH AND STATISTICS-6401
- ENGLISH-III (BASIC OF TECHNICAL ENGLISH)-6465
- EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT (PROFESSIONAL)-8605
- CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT-8606
- CRITICAL THINKING AND REFLECTIVE PRACTICES (PROFESSIONAL)-8611
- CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT-6406
- FOUNDATION OF SCIENCE EDUCATION-6435
- ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATON AND SCIENCE EDUCATION-6436
- TEACHING STRATEGIES IN SCIENCE EDUCATION-6437
- LABORATORY ORGANIZATION, MANAGEMENT AND SAFETY METHODS-6438
- TEACHING OF PHYSICS-6445
- TEACHING OF MATHEMATICS-6450
- TEACHING OF BIOLOGY-6455
- TEACHING OF CHEMISTRY-6460
- TEACHING PRACTICE-I (PROFESSIONAL)-6498
- COMPARATIVE EDUCATION-6466
- RESEARCH METHODS IN EDUCATION (PROFESSIONAL)-8604
- EDUCATIONAL STATISTICS (PROFESSIONAL)-8614
- RESEARCH PROJECT (SCIENCE EDUCATION) PROFESSIONAL-8675
- TEACHING PRACTICE-II (PROFESSIONAL)-6499
- PROFESSIONALISM IN TEACHING (PROFESSIONAL)-8612
- PHYSICS-V (PRACTICAL)-8671
- CHEMISTRY-V (PRACTICAL)-8672
- BIOLOGY-V (PRACTICAL)-8673
- MATHEMATICS-V (PRACTICAL)-8674
Workshop of each course is carried out for three days face to face or six days online. Workshop is important due to formative assessment component. This formative assessment contributes 30% weightage in summative evaluation/ final examination.
Three credit hours research project is compulsory for every student.
All teaching practice courses are practical in nature. Each elective course of Biology, Chemistry & Physics carry three credit hour course of practical nature.
Compulsory part for Biology, Chemistry and Physics Practical.
Department of Science Education is liable to collaborate with all regions, Admission Department, Examination Department, Directorate Regional Services, Academic Planning and Course Production, Information and Educational Technology, Information and Communication Technology etc.