For the pragmatic understanding of the socio-political and economic institutions of any country, it is inevitable to study the geography, history, politics, economics and culture of that particular country in an integrated manner. The purpose of offering MPhil Pakistan Studies is to promote investigative approach, in social sciences paradigms, to study Pakistani society and culture, political and economic institutions, History and Geography in an integrated and interdisciplinary ways
The admission requirement in MPhil Pakistan Studies is only Masters in Pakistan Studies. The Masters in other disciplines of Social Sciences are not eligible for admission.
Department will annually enroll not more than 20 research scholars in the MPhil Pakistan Studies programme.
The applicants required to qualify entry test arranged by the Department of Pakistan Studies.
Selection of the candidates will be made strictly on the basis of merit/criteria laid down by the Department/ University.
Medium of Instruction
The university allots study centre and tutors for the students to get guideline accordingly. A student has to secure passing marks in assignments as well as in final exams to successfully complete concerned educational programme.
AIOU Credits Required
1. Research Methods in Social Sciences-
2. Civil-military Relations in Pakistan-
3. Feeralism, Identity and State-building in Pakistan-
4. Historiography in Pakistan-
1. Social Transformation in Pakistan-
2. Political Economy of Pakistan-
3. Electoral Politics, Governance and Sustainable Development in Pakistan-
4. Seminar on Literature and Politics-
One Week Workshop per 3 Credit Hours