MPhil in Pakistani Languages and Literature with specialization in Pashto or Balochi or Brahui or Sindhi or Saraiki or Punjabi. All the languages spoken in Pakistan besides having concrete individual base and status, contain within them, several common characteristics. To promote national integrity and solidarity, a need was felt for such a programme, which could elaborate the aspects like comparative study of Pakistani Languages, linguistic interaction, distinctive and common literary trends. Realizing the need of the hour, department of Pakistani Languages, Allama Iqbal Open University launched a programme at M. Phil level. Through this programme, the students would be given education in their own mother tongue (in which they held MA degree) along with other Pakistani languages and their literature, thus the students would be taught about the specific qualities, linguistic links, philological impacts, mutual co-operation and numerous common literary trends found in Pakistani languages.
The objectives of the said programme are given as under:(1) To highlight the structure, style and variation of various dialects, distinctiveness, origin and development, linguistic group and region, common aspects of literature and trends of Balochi, Brahui, Pushto, Sindhi, Punjabi, Saraiki, Hindko, Kashmiri, Gojri, Pahari, Balti, Shina, Burushaski, Torwali, Gawri, Khowar and Wakhi.(2) To meet the deficiency of multi-linguistic experts.(3) To enable the students to represent a constructive and positive Pakistani approach through language and literature within and outside Pakistan.(4) To inculcate a positive trend through understanding specific and common aspects of all the Pakistani languages.
Applicants must have Master Degrees in
Punjabi/Pushto/Balochi/Brahui/Sindhi/Saraiki with at least 2nd division or equivalent qualification
Applicants have to pass concerned subject test, conducted by the Department
Only successful candidates will be called for interview.
Selection of the candidates will be made strictly on the basis of merit/criteria laid down by the Department/ University.
Medium of Instruction
Face to Face Classes
AIOU Credits Required
1. A Comparative Study of Pakistani Languages and Literature, Urdu Language and Literature-2721
2. Balochi, Brahui, Language and Lierature-2722
3. Pushto, Hindko, Torwali, Gawri Language and Literature-2723
4. Punjabi, Pahari, Gojri-2724
1. Sindhi, Saraiki, Kashmiri Language & Literature-2725
2. Languages & Literature of Northern Areas -2726
3. Research Methodology –i -5765
4. Research Methodology –ii -5766
- Pashto Academy, Peshawar University, Peshawar.
- Department of Pashto, Peshawar University, Peshawar
- Department of Sindhi, Karachi University, Karachi.
- Department of Sindhi, Sindh University, Jamshoro.
- Sachal Chair, Shah Latif University, Khairpur, Sindh.
- Department of Balochi, Balochistan University, Quetta.
- Department of Brahui, Balochistan University, Quetta.
- Department of Punjabi, Punjab University, Lahore.
- Department of Saraiki, Islamia University, Bahawalpur.