The Department of Urdu has been offering MPhil Urdu since 1987. Admissions for MPhil Urdu are announced in Spring semester (commenced from 1st February) every year.
Applicants must have Master Degree in MA Urdu with at least 2nd division or equivalent qualification.
Applicants have to pass concerned subject test, will be conducted by the Department.
Only successful candidates will be called for interview.
Selection of the candidates will be made strictly on the basis of merit/criteria laid down by the Department/ University.
Medium of Instruction
The University allots study centre and tutors for the students to get guideline accordingly. A student has to secure passing marks in assignments as well as in final exams to successfully complete concerned educational programme.
AIOU Credits Required
1. The Political & Cultural Background of Urdu Literature-i-5771
2. The Political & Cultural Background of Urdu Literature-ii-5772
3. Literary Movements and Critical Theories-I-5773
4. Literary Movements and Critical Theories-II-5774
1. Methods of Teaching Literature-I-5775
2. Methods of Teaching Literature-II-5776
3. Methods of Research-I-5777
4. Methods of Research-II-5778
One Week Workshop per 3 Credit Hours