The Department was established in 1988. Initially, Computer Science and Mathematics were also its part, then in November, 1999, Computer Science was established as an independent Department. Similarly, in May, 2014, Mathematics was also announced as an independent Department. At the beginning, the Department introduced various programs of Computer Science along with a variety of Mathematics and Statistics courses.
The mission of Department of Statistics is to advance the frontiers of statistical science research in both theory and applications; to provide learning environments that produce well educated statisticians; to join with others in bringing the strengths of the statistical sciences to address the needs of the local and global society.
The candidates must have MS/MPhil Statistics with minimum 3.0 CGPA (in semester system) or First Division (in annual system).
Departmental Admission Committee will finalize the admissions after conducting the test and interview as per AIOU rules.
Selection of the candidates will be made strictly on the basis of merit/criteria laid down by the Department/ University.
Medium of Instruction
Face to Face Classes.
AIOU Credits Required
3. ADVANCED TOPICS IN REGRESSION & ECONOMETRICS-4769
3. ADVANCED TOPICS IN STATISTICAL INFERENCE-4770
Elective / Major Courses:
1. Survival Analysis-4761
2. Bayesian Inferential Statistics-4762
3. Stochastic Processes-4763
4. Measure Theory-4765
5. Response Surface Design-4766
6. Recent Developments in Statistics-4767
7. Actuarial Statistics-9751
8. Statistical Theory for Extreme Events-9752
9. Mixture Distributions-9753
10. Applied Time Series Econometrics-9754
11. Spatial Data Analysis-9755
12. Generalized Logistic Regression-9756
13. Repeated Measure Analysis-9757
14. Multilevel Modeling-9758
15. Mathematical Demography-9759
regular classes 3 days a week