Department of Computer Science was established in the year 2000 under the Faculty of Sciences. The department had developed curricula of the academic programs at various levels to meet the national and international standards as defined by Higher Education Commission. The curricula include PhD (Computer Science), MS (Computer Science), BS (Computer Science) and Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Computer Science.
The department practices the multi-method (hybrid) teaching methodology i.e. face-to-face regular classes for BS (Computer Science) and MS (Computer Science) with the blend of e-learning mode. The facilities of Aaghi Learning Management System, Video and Teleconferencing are in use for lectures/consultations in research-oriented degree at MS and conducting professional courses at BS level. The online methodology is also practiced for PGD (Computer Science). In addition, the department also has a flavor of imparting knowledge of BS (CS) to the masses in selected regions including LAHORE and MULTAN through modern ICT based delivery mechanisms.
- To produce dynamic young professionals for Computer Science discipline by developing strong academic foundation.
- To equip students with computer science knowledge and skills so as to cope with the social, economic, scientific, and technological challenges.
- To utilize e-learning platforms for outreach to rural and remote areas.
- To provide a leadership support in ICT based education in Pakistan.
- To disseminate an appreciation of the current state and future directions of technological advances in the areas of Computer Science.
The department is equipped with state-of-the-art e-classrooms and computer labs including programming and hardware labs. A video conferencing based digital class room is also available for the delivery of online lectures. Besides graduate and undergraduate teaching, the department is actively involved in research and development activities, for this purpose research lab is also available.
It is envisioned that the department will:
- extend the BS (CS) to further regions
- offer skilled-based High-Tech courses
- strengthen the pool of specializations
- collaborate with national and International organizations
- partner with industry through Industry Advisory Board
Faculty & Staff Members