The Department of Biology was established in 1998. This department is a multi-dimensional academic unit that encompasses diverse areas of biology, including microbiology, botany, molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology etc. The curriculum is in line with the HEC guidelines and has been modified to equip our students with scientific knowledge, practical skills and logical reasoning. We believe in nurturing a multidisciplinary environment for both undergraduate and postgraduate students by offering a combination of natural and social sciences education to broaden their scope of knowledge. Courses in sociology, public relations and ethics have been integrated to instill critical, interpretive, and behavioral skills in our students.
- to Achieve pedagogically desirable objective, which will encourage observation, creativity, critical thinking, presentation and analytical skills in various disciplines of biology
- to provide equal opportunity to working personnel for improving their qualification
- to offer need based and skill oriented teaching programs for personnel seeking career in teaching, research and diagnostic laboratories
- Digitally equipped comfortable classroom environment
- Established lab facilities adequate to fulfill practical needs and cater research students Library
- Internet, Video Conferencing facilities, digitalized admission and course registration,
- Institute of Educational Technology
- Print and Publication Unit
The department is all set to launch its M. Phil Program in "Microbiology and Molecular Genetics"